Chestnut flour biscuits, suitable for celiacs.
The chestnut flour is gluten-free and it is a great contribution to the world of celiacs and this is why, in this post, we show you a recipe of biscuits with Ladeira chestnut flour suitable for celiacs. This delicious dessert will make you the perfect host.
Hands on the dough!!
- 200 grs. chestnut flour
- 100 grs. Corn flour
- 150 grs. of butter
- 1 eggs + 1 yolk
- 100 grs. sugar
- 50 grs. caster sugar
- Start putting in a bowl all the dry ingredients: chestnut flour, cornflour, sugar and caster sugar. We mix them perfectly.
- Make a hole in the center, as a volcano, and put the chopped butter into small pieces inside, along with the egg and yolk.
- Knead vigorously to obtain a soft and smooth dough. We cover the bowl with a kitchen cloth and leave at rest, preferably in a warm place, at least for an hour.
- Cover an oven tray with baking paper and preheat the oven to 180º C.
- Spread the dough on a floured surface (watch out!, we have to use chestnut flour or corn flour, never wheat flour) and with the help of a cookie-cutter, cut as many biscuits as possible.
- Dispose of them properly on oven tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked. It is not necessary for the biscuits to be very roasted, as they would harden, besides that the chestnut flour will give us a darker shade.
- Once baked, we will pass them carefully to a grate to cool them properly, since the hot biscuits are really fragile.
A correct way to keep these cookies is in a can or in an airtight pot.
We can personalize them to taste: adding chocolate-chips, sprinkling with sugar before placing them in the oven or adding a chocolate cover after baking them…
Recipe offered by Juan Manuel Díaz Silván.