Do you want to fill your cakes, donuts … with a different, delicious and original cream? With this recipe we show you how to use Ladeira chestnut flour to make a pastry cream. Surely its flavor will surprise you!
- 250 grs. chestnut flour Ladeira
- 1 litter whole milk
- 150 grs. sugar + 25 grs. vanilla sugar
- 450 grs. “dulce de leche” (milk caramel)
- 250 grs. butter
- Heat the milk. Meanwhile, mix the chestnut flour Ladeira with the sugar. Reserve.
- Shortly before the milk breaks to boil, begin to add the mixture of flour and sugar. Stirring gently and continuosly, continue adding the mixture and keep on the heat, let it break to boil and begin to thicken.
- Time to remove from the heat and begin to add the “dulce de leche” (milk caramel); continue stirring to homogenize the cream.
- After that, it is time to chop the butter and add it to the mixture that will still be quite hot. Stir continuosly and manage to refine the mixture, softer, brighter… in the end… richer.
- Let cool and it is ready
The flavor of this cream is delicious, but the texture is softly lumpy, due to the milling of the chestnut flour. We can refine more the cream, if when it starts to boil and before it thickens completely we will pass the blender. Also, we can pass the cream by a sieve; although in that case we would risk removing a thicker part of the chestnut and thus distort the real flavor of the cream.
Original recipe by Juan Manuel Díaz Silván