Sponge cake of Ladeira dry chestnut
Do you know that chestnut is one of the healthiest nuts with fewer calories and rich in complex carbohydrates and fibre?
Today we show you how to make a sponge cake with Ladeira dried chestnut puree. Pared Chestnuts with sweet flavour and protected by the Bierzo Chestnut Guarantee Mark. In addition, as chestnuts are gluten-free naturally, this cake is suitable for celiacs.
- 50 dried chestnuts
- 2 glasses of milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 eggs
- 120 gr sugar
- 100 gr hazelnut
- We start by rehydrating the Ladeira dried chestnuts, for this we put them to soak in water for 8/12 hours.
- Once rehydrated, cook our chestnuts in milk with a cinnamon stick for approximately 30 minutes on a very low heat.
- Once cooked, beat them together with the milk with a blender until you obtain a soft cream of chestnuts.
- Grind the hazelnuts in a grinder, or mash them with the blender, until obtaning a hazelnut paste. Add this paste to our chestnut cream.
- Break the eggs and separate the whites from the yolks. Mix the yolks together with the sugar until you obtain a creamy mixture. Add this mixture to the chestnut cream.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and add them to the cream very gently.
- Aftert that, cover with kitchen paper a detachable round mould, spread butter on it and put into our cream.
- Preheat the oven and bake our cake at 160/180 º for 50 or 60 minutes, until it is cooked. Let cool and remove from the mould.
- All we have to do is cut a piece and taste our sponge cake.
Add a small glass of your favorite liqueur to the dough: brandy, coffee liqueur or grape pomace liqueur.
If you you forgot to soak the dried chestnuts to rehydrate, do not worry, you can put them to cook in water in the pressure cooker for approximately 15 minutes, and after that finish their cooking in milk, already in a normal pot, adding the cinnamon stick.